Thursday, August 4, 2011

Best movie dialogues ever!

Beautiful Girls  Timothy Hutton and Natalie Portman as Willy and Marty



Marty:  Don't shovel much, do you?
Willie: What makes you say that?
Marty:  Your technique, it's sloppy.
        You live in a city or warm climate.
Willie: City.
Marty:  You grew up here?
Willie: Yeah. Yeah.
Marty:  Don't visit much?
Willie: Nope.
Marty:  Mom dead?
Willie: You a cop?
Marty:  No.
Willie: Yeah, my mother's dead.
Marty:  I knew it. Your dad's
        kind of a sad guy.
        Your brother is kind of missing that
        thing that having a mom gives you.
        It's a lonely house you got.
Willy:  What's your name?
Marty:  Marty.
Willy:  As in Martha?
Marty:  As in Marty, named for a grandfather
        I never even knew - Martin.
        So now I'm Marty.
        Just Marty. A girl named Marty.
        It is the bane of my existence.
Willie: How old are you?
Marty:  13, but I'm an old soul.
        So why did you come back?
Willie: Well...
        My high school reunion.
Marty:  Heavy.
Willie: Yeah.
Marty:  So what's your name?
Willie: Willie.
Marty:  Willie, I like your 'burns.
Willie: Thanks.
Marty:  You're kinda cool.
Willie:  How do you mean?
Marty:  I don't know. It's just a call.
        You don't think you are?
Willie: I...
        I, um...
        No, I... I think I am.
Marty:  You are... I think.
Willie: Yeah?
Marty:  Maybe not.
        I'm gonna go.
Willie: Yeah, I'll see you around... 
        Marty. 

Willie: Hey!
Marty:  Willie boy.
Willie: What are you doin'?
Marty:  Hanging out.
        I like to mash snow, it gives me
        a sense of self Girls-satisfaction.
        You got a girlfriend?
Willie: Why do you ask?
Marty:  I don't know. You're a dude in flux.
        You've come back to the house
        of loneliness and tears,
        to daddy downer and brother bummer,
        to come to some decision about life.
        A life decision, if you will.
Willie: You fancy yourself Girls a perceptive
        little thing, don't you?
Marty:  I don't know about "little".
        I'm the tallest girl in my class.
        I may grow to be 5' 10".
        I'll be hot.
Willie: Well...
Marty:  Am I right? Life decision? You
        got the full-on Hamlet thing going?
Willie: Hamlet? 
Marty:  Danish prince,
        couldn't make decisions.
Willie: Yeah, I know Hamlet.
Marty:  So, about that girlfriend?
Willie: Yeah. Yeah, there is one.
Marty:  She want to get married?
Willie: I think so.
Marty:  You don't?
Willie: I'm not sure.
Marty:  Is she fat?
Willie: No! She's quite nice actually.
Marty:  So why don't you marry her?
Willie: I knew I came for a reason!
        Thank you.
Marty:  That's OK. Tease the little kid.
Willie: See you around.
Marty:  See ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment